Introduction to iPods and iPhones?
iPod is the generic term for music and popular portable video players manufactured by Apple Inc. iPhone is a cell phone that Apple has an iPod built right into it.
Audio with an iPod or iPhone and iTunesTo date, there are four main types of iPod, shows from left to right onbook cover:
- IPod touch iPod is like the iPhone, with a large touch screen.
- iPod classic is the full-size iPod, with a control knob on the front.
- iPod nano is the smallest iPod with a screen.
It's tiny iPod screen and not just clips onto
Apart from these current models, Apple has also produced and abandoned-five generations of iPod regular three previous generations of iPod nano, an earlier generation of the iPod shuffle, and a generation of iPod mini, a medium-sized iPod built around a miniature hard drive called a Microdrive. The second generation iPod shuffle has been supplanted by the third, but Apple has not yet abandoned.All current iPod and iPhone to connect to your PC or Mac via USB, allowing you to quickly transfer files to the player via a USB port on your regular computer. (Old models connected via FireWire, an alternative connection technology that Apple has now removed iPods and the iPhone.) When the iPod or the end of the iPhone connector cable plugs into a narrow port called off the Dock Connector port. The exception is the iPod shuffle, which is charged with an additional connector buried deep in his headphones.
Function iPods and iPhoneBefore we dive into what the iPhone and all the different iPod models do look at the features they have in common: the audio and video, store photos, synchronize your contacts and calendars, and more more.In capacity, the iPod shuffle is the intruder for reasons to enter immediately. No screen, it can not display video, photos or text information, so it focuses on audio playback. However, you can store files on the iPod shuffle as you can over his brothers.
The Main Event: audio and video playbackThe main feature of the iPod (and one of the main features of the iPhone) is of high quality audio and video playback. Let's look briefly here so that we do not have to cover for each individual player.IPods and iPhone can play music files in the following formats:
- • Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) This is the preferred format for Apple's high-quality audio on small devices.
- • MP3 Only the rest of the world's preferred format for high quality audio on small devices.
- Choose an iPod or iPhone and get your computer ready 5
- • Audible is the format used by Audible.com MP3 derivatives for its audio book files.
- • Apple Lossless Encoding format is Apple's full-quality audio. The second generation iPod shuffle does not play these files, but the third generation iPod shuffle does.
- • WAV format is an industry standard for overall quality, uncompressed audio.
- • AIFF format is an industry standard, but on the Mac for full quality
Carrying contacts, calendars and photosIPods and iPhone also act as a contact database, calendar, and portable, allowing you to not only carry all your music, but your vital information as well. You can also put other text information on an iPod or iPhone so you can make this information with you and display it on the screen. IPod touch and iPhone, you can edit your contacts, calendars and notes and create new ones as needed.IPhone and iPod (except iPod shuffle) can also carry your photos and display them, which is ideal for taking with you and share them with others.Realization of your vital filesYou can also use an iPod or iPhone as an external drive for your PC or Mac. This provides an easy and convenient way to backup your data, file storage, and transporting files from one computer to another. And because the iPod and iPhone are ultra-portable you can take those files with you wherever you go, which can be ideal for school, work, and even play.